WorkDrive Genie for Windows
The WorkDrive Genie app lets you open and edit your WorkDrive files on the web with your default desktop applications. You can open and edit any files such as documents, images, and videos with Microsoft Word, CorelDRAW, and Adobe Premiere Pro, respectively, in your desktop. Currently, the latest version of WorkDrive Genie for Windows does not support Brave browser. Please use another browser to be able to utilize the Genie app. OS Requirements: Windows 7 and above
Download and install WorkDrive Genie
- Download the WorkDrive Genie app for Windows OS (Download Link).
- Double-click the downloaded file to execute the installation.
A setup window will open.
- Click Install.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
Open and edit WorkDrive files
Once you install the WorkDrive Genie app in your system, you will have an option to open WorkDrive files with your default desktop apps.
- Select a file and click the more actions icon (...) in the top bar.
- Click Open With from the dropdown.
- Select the default desktop app shown.
- Alternatively, you can also right-click a file and select Open With > Default desktop app.
For example, if you are selecting an image file, and your default desktop app for images is Photos, you can find the option.
Open with > Photos (Desktop)
- If the file type you are trying to open doesn't have a default app associated with it, you will be prompted to select or download an app that will be able to open it.
- Click Accept to grant permission for the WorkDrive Genie app to access the selected file. This is required every time you open any WorkDrive file via this app.
The file will be downloaded to your system automatically and will be opened in the default app (such as the Photos app for images).
- After making your changes, you can save the file and then it will be automatically updated in the web app as the latest version.
You can use the Save as option to only save the file as a copy in your system.